I am going to use this page to list my investing criteria goals. I need the criteria to help me determine if I actually want to invest my hard earned dollars into a particular company or ETF.
To achieve these goals, I have an evolving set of criteria that I will use.
- I will use due diligence in researching quality growth stocks that pay dividends.
- I will continuously deposit available money into my portfolios so that I can purchase these quality stocks.
- I will continuously monitor my portfolio and make adjustments on as needed and warranted, but at least quarterly.
- Each stock or ETF in my portfolio must pay a regular and consistent dividend or royalty. Additionally, it must maintain or increase that payment year over year.
- Using the Better Investing model for growth and income (as best as I understand) select and hold stocks that have a “Buy” or “Hold” rating and an upside downside ration of at least 3:1.
Goals are an essential tool for achieving completion or success. I will annotate goals with a date completed and maybe even a special blog post. This list of goals will constantly be amended as goals are achieved and new goals are needed
- Buy a share of a quality stock entirely with dividends (no new money).
- Be paid $10.00 in dividends in one month.
- Be paid $25.00 in dividends in one month.
- Be paid $50.00 in dividends in one month.
- Be paid $100.00 in dividends in one month.
- Max out my IRA Contribution (Current max contribution is $5,500.00 per year).
- Achieve an IRA Balance of $10,000.00.